Gather on Boston Common to join sister rallies from across the country in peaceful demonstration on Saturday, June 3rd. Join with other concerned citizens to RECLAIM OUR DEMOCRACY, to advocate for restoring integrity to its institutions, and to protest the Trump administration's dangerous, destructive policies and actions.
As events progress in Washington, we've updated our Mission Statement:
We call for a #MarchForTruth to raise our voices and let our elected leaders know that Americans want answers.
The legitimacy of our democracy is more important than the interests of any party, or any President. So, we will rise together to call for a complete, fair and impartial investigation, for the pursuit of truth, and for the restoration of faith in our electoral system and the Office of the Presidency.
Across the country, peaceful demonstrations will be arranged on Saturday, June 3rd.
- Yes, a special counsel is in place, but that's just a start; the battle is far from over to get to the bottom of this investigation.
- We still need an independent commission with subpoena powers. The bombshell news that Robert Mueller has been appointed by the Department of Justice to serve as Special Counsel on the Russia investigation comes after a "cascade of damaging developments for Mr. Trump in recent days," as the New York Times reported. But as House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi put it, "A special prosecutor is the first step, but it cannot be the last. Director Mueller will still be in the chain of command under the Trump-appointed leadership of the Justice Department. He cannot take the place of a truly independent, outside commission that is completely free from the Trump administration's meddling."
- And Congressional investigations must continue. As Rep. John Conyers, Ranking Member of the House Committee on the Judiciary noted, "the appointment of a special counsel does not relieve Congress of its responsibility to conduct oversight of the Trump Administration."
- The gravity of this situation is profound. The sovereignty of our nation was attacked to elect a man who is a threat to the rule of law. There are criminal investigations, and investigations into matters of national security, that must be completed to restore our faith.
- The culture of deceit that surrounds Donald Trump and his associates must be dealt with urgently. If this man was elected in part by colluding with a foreign power, then we must know it. We must know if our government is legitimate. For if it is not, then we must right that wrong. We must restore trust, in our government, and in one another.
OUR GOALS ARE SIMPLE:
- An independent commission must be established and Congressional investigations should be properly resourced and pursued free of partisan interests;
- As much information should be made available to the public as possible, and as soon as possible;
- If crimes were committed or if collusion is discovered, it must be prosecuted.
- Congress must compel Donald Trump to release his tax returns to clarify any foreign obligations
THE PUBLIC DESERVES TRANSPARENCY AND A NONPARTISAN PURSUIT OF THE TRUTH
*Note: By choosing to attend this event, you are acknowledging the risks involved, and you are committing to participate nonviolently and in accordance with the law, and to work to de-escalate confrontations with opposing persons or others. You agree (i) not to engage in any act of violence or violation of any applicable law and (ii) to obey the orders of authorized event marshals and law enforcement authorities.